- Deferred to February 2022
In a major achievement for a Canberra arts society, ASOC presents its 80th Spring Exhibition. This annual event is usually a vast exhibition of works by local and regional artists across a variety of mediums with members eligible to enter four works each.
The exhibition boasts many prizes including:
- The Peg Minty Prize will be awarded for the Best Landscape.
- The David Hatton Prize will be awarded for the Best Watercolour.
- The Blackett Homes Prize will be awarded for the overall Best Entry and
- The Tall Foundation Prize is a new prize that will be awarded for Best Oil.
- The Bendigo Bank 80th Spring Exhibition prize
Judges will also award prizes for works ranked as 1st, 2nd and 3rd across the following 8 categories: acrylics, drawing, oils, pastels, watercolour and gouache, mixed media and encaustic, miniatures, printmaking and digital art, as well as prizes for Best Abstract; Best Portrait or Figure; and Best Flora, Fauna or Still Life.
There is also a People’s Choice prize awarded by the public.
Keep your eye on https://asoc.net.au/2021-spring-exhibition/ for updates on the exhibition including changes due to COVID-19 restrictions.