Belconnen Arts Centre
8pm Saturday 26 June 2021
Suitable for all ages
1 hour, no interval
Invocation is an end-of-residency creative development about climate change, by Earthbound, a collaboration which brings together dance, visual arts, storytelling and music.
Eathbound’s five artists are the inaugural recipients of Belco Art’s Rhizome Performing Arts Residency.
Invocation brings ancient story, sacred imagery, rhythmic dance, guitar grooves, heartfelt lyrics and harmonies into the drama of climate change. The work calls in the sacred to restore the dance of life, nature’s patterns of regeneration and the natural rhythms and harmonies between people and Earth.
Performers and consultants
- Dancer-photographer Courtney Allen,
- Visual artist Sally Blake,
- Storyteller-singer-composer Glenda Cloughley
- Singer-songwriter-musical director Johanna McBride
- Musician-performance poet Danny Pratt
- Theatre consultant Elizabeth Cameron Dalman OAM, assisted by Craig San Roque.
- A Chorus of Women
Tickets $20, book at Belco Arts